Presidential Digitalent Programme for Young Kenyans 2022
Digitalent is a strategic move by the ICT Authority on behalf of the Ministry of Information Communication Technology Innovation and Youth Affairs to develop and keep high-end ICT talent by filling the gap between what the industry needs and what the local workforce can do. This fits with the National ICT master plan, which says that a critical mass of high-end ICT skills and a workforce that is ready for ICT are needed to meet the needs of the industry. Over 2100 ICT graduates have been helped by the program.
The goal of the program is to give young ICT graduates the skills and training they need to get jobs in the ICT field and in other fields as well.
Category: Free Training
Eligible Country: Kenyans
Application Closing Date: Sept. 19, 2022
The program provides participants an excellent opportunity to gain workplace experience, expand knowledge, mentorship, refine career goals and build professional networks in the areas of:
- Network & Infrastructure
- Application Development
- Graphic & Design
- Information Security
- Project Management
- Applicants MUST have graduated and attained First or Upper Second-Class Honors (or the equivalent) from a recognized institution in the last two years (within the last 24 months) from 2020 to the date of this advertisement.
- If waiting graduation, MUST provide a recommendation/reference letter from the University stamped & signed by the dean of students indicating First or Upper Second-Class Honors to be awarded.
- Recent graduates in BSc. ICT or Engineering (Electrical & Electronics, Telecommunication, Systems/Software, Computer) – The graduates must have thorough knowledge in the core areas of specialization; Network & Infrastructure, Application Development, Graphic & Design, Information Security, and Project Management. The Applicant may be required to demonstrate technical competencies on their core of specialization prior to the interview.
- Should NOT have undertaken any other Internship program in the government and is Unemployed
- Applicants should be willing and ready to be deployed in any government organization (MCDAs) within the 47 counties on a full time basis from 8:00am – 5:00pm.
- Females, persons with disability and graduates from ASAL regions are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants are to check the official website for the proper Application procedures. Visit the official announcement page for more details. To start your application, Click the apply now button below.